On 9/14/05, Holly Bostick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, 'theoretically' one could, but it's my policy not to do that for
'real' Portage packages (as opposed to overlay packages, where you of
course have to digest manually).  It would mean
that I would have to investigate whether the package was right (and the
digest wrong), or the digest was right (and the package wrong). I could,
but that's what Portage (or in any case the herd responsible for these
packages) is supposed to do for me, so if it gets broke in
a way such as this, I let Portage get itself fixed by the experts.

Yes, sometimes I do claim 'pure user' privilege. Certainly where the ATI
drivers are involved. I do *not* want to get mixed up in development or
development management issues there.

Can you imagine the ridicule if I re-digested the package myself, it
didn't work, and then I submitted a bug? I'd rather not :) .
<shudder>

Holly

Well Holly, there is a simpler (superior?) approach... just get nVidia hardware ;-). (Thats it... I said it... I'm going no farther... not going to start a flame war!)

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"