On 10/25/14 13:51, Walter Dnes wrote:
On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 09:41:20AM -0600, Joseph wrote

Well, the remote camera is Axis 207 so it has its own server. There
is no mplayer on it.  When I access camera from the network computer
the same as camera is on both vlc and mplayer work.  But when I try
to stream over the internet (from different) it doesn't work.

Can mpalyer stream the mpeg 4 video file over rtsp; I think only
vlc can do it.

 You mentioned in a previous message that mplayer and vlc work on one
computer, but not on the other.  So we know they both work.  I think the
problem is somewhere in the remote access.  How are you accessing the
rtsp stream?  Is it like so (example name and numbers)...

mplayer rtsp://10.1.2.3/stream_name

 Things to check...

* if you're using a domain name rather than an IP address, is it defined
 in the remote machine's /etc/hosts ?

* is the remote machine's firewall blocking the camera's IP address ?

* is the camera set to only stream to a specific IP address (range) ?

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>

I can login and access the camera setting over the Internet, the only part that
is not working is streaming over rtsp.
MotionJPEG works but that takes a lot of bandwidth.
I think you are correct it might have something to do with firewall.

I've open port range: 50000 to 50999 and forward it to 10.10.0.127 (this is
camera IP address on the other network).

When I try vlc:
Connection failed:
VLC could not connect to "66.18.xxx.xxx:554".
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://66.18.xxx.xxx:554/mpeg4/media.amp'. Check
the log for details.

I open port 9090 (tcp/udp) on the remote firewall and forward it to 10.10.0.127:80 But I'm puzzled why is it trying to connect to: 66.18.xxx.xxx:554 Maybe this is the problem.
rtsp port 554 is enabled on the camera.

--
Joseph