On 10/26/2014 10:02 AM, Martin Vaeth wrote:
> Michael Orlitzky <m...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>
>> I haven't bothered with it either, I really like being able to do:
>>
>>   PORTDIR="$REPOS/gentoo-x86" PORTDIR_OVERLAY="" emerge -1 whatever
>
> Why don't you do emerge -1 whatever::gentoo

When adding a new ebuild, I want the entire ::gentoo repo to disappear
so that I get warned if I forgot to do something in ::gentoo-x86.

> Moreover, you can use PORTAGE_REPOSITORIES for temporary overrides
> of repos.conf

Well, it's not (documented?) in stable portage, so there's that =)

If I normally have ::gentoo, ::gentoo-x86, and 3 or 4 overlays, how easy
is it to wipe out everything except ::gentoo-x86 using PORTAGE_REPOSITORIES?