On 11/05/2014 10:55 AM, James wrote:

>> For you personally, I would try to find one or two people on the Java
>> project (actually working on Java right now) and explain to them that
>> you'd like to help close old bugs. Then you can CC or reassign the Java
>> bugs to those people. When bug mail gets sent to a herd or project, it's
>> too easy to say "screw it, someone else will deal with it." Bugs
>> addressed to me personally get attention much sooner, even if only for
>> psychological reasons. So reassigning those to a single person might
>> prompt action sooner than you'd get otherwise.
>

> Can you send me their gentoo mail addresses, privately?

I didn't have anyone in mind, it really isn't easy to figure out who's
active right now. Two things I would try:

  1. See who's active in the Java overlay. This one's easy.

       $ git clone git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java.git
       $ cd java
       $ git log

  2. Check who's been making commits under dev-java.

       $ cd $PORTDIR/dev-java
       $ find ./ -name ChangeLog | xargs ls -l -h -t

     That should give you a list of ChangeLogs, newest first. YOu can
     look through them and see who's been doing what. I'm sure there's a
     better way using CVS, but I don't know it.

Once you find a few people, just ask politely in #gentoo-java on IRC.