On 9/15/05, C. Beamer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
However, I am still learning Gentoo and haven't yet figured out all
the nuances of portage.  I was just curious to find out if anyone had
tried the program.  I was not necessarily suggesting that I was about
to jump on the bandwagon.

 IMO if you want to learn Portage there is no better way than the command line. Check out the man pages and the online resources then use the command line. The problem with trying to learning a tool using a gui is that it does all the command work for you and you are none the wiser.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"