James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com> [14-11-15 13:34]:
>  <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
>

> > Hi James :)
>
> >   ...ARM9 emulator...nice idea.
> >   Does such thing exists for Linux?
>

> http://www.thefreecountry.com/emulators/arm.shtml
>
> > > Good hunting!
>
> >   ...thanks! Your good wish has already worked!
> >   I got access to the board 8)
>
> I'm always glad to hear of your successes....
>
> It looks like the "arm9" is a moderized "Arm Thumb" processor.
>
> ARM926EJ-S™ ARM® Thumb® Processor
>
> So there is a rich archives of codes for the arm thumb. Exactly
> what the new processor you have on your new board compared to the
> legacy features of the "Arm Thumb" is something you are going to
> have to research, test and verify. Arm codes from older devices
> usually run on newer arm processors, but not always. Indianess and
> similar issue abound, but they are usually well documented, including
> examples.
>
> https://www.linaro.org/projects/
>
> Linaro is moving arm linux, particularly but not limited to 64bit arm,
> forward at light speed. It is a formidable collection of coders.
> Many have connections to the legacy arm communities, like the Arm Thumb.
>
> Much of the Arm Thumb legacy codes will run natively on the Aarch64 Arm
> processors. Im pretty sure you'll be able to run an Aarch64 arm chip
> like a cluster of arm thumb procesors. Aarch64 is purported to support
> 2 or 3 simultaneously running and different Operating Systems, concurrently.
> It is a brave new world and arm is the place to be. Even AMD has several Arm
>  (64 bit)server SOC in the process of being rolled out!
>
> > Best regards,
> > Meino
>

> James

Hi James,

sorry for the delay...I was not at home this weekend.

quemu is offered via emerge...will try that first. By the way:
I think the CPU on my Arietta board is a 32 bit thingy.You wrote about
64 bit thumb code...executed by a cluster of 32 bit ARM CPUs...I have
one Arietta board...or...what did I get confused here totally
<scratching my head... ;) >

Best regards,
Meino