Am Fri, 21 Nov 2014 01:32:16 -0600
schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com>:

[...]
> I highly recommend the article John Corbet wrote for LWN a week ago:
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/619992/
[...]

Thanks for the link, it was a good read.

FWIW, I found this linked in one of the comments:

    http://uselessd.darknedgy.net/ProSystemdAntiSystemd/

Both articles echo thoughts that I have more and more with every "discussion"
regarding systemd.

My takeaway is similar to that of the lwn.net article (that is, both sides are
being unnecessarily thick-headed), and find it remarkable how much I recognise
from "discussions" here on gentoo-user (in contrast, gentoo-amd64 has been much
more level-headed).  However, I disagree with with the categorisation at the
end, mainly because I hate it when people have to sort each other into "camps",
so that they know who to hate and who to like (which isn't the author's fault,
I think, politicised discussions tend to go that way as they intensify), but
also because I think it is too strict and doesn't account for overlap (for
myself I see reasons for both being and not being in either group).

Greetings
--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup