On 26-Nov-14 21:03, »Q« wrote:

during yesterday's upgrade I read the news about python 3.4 being
the new profile default.
[...]

Perhaps you've noticed by now, but the change was reverted in the
meantime.

Furthermore, eselect news shows that the news entry got deleted, too:

% eselect news list
News items:
   <snip>
   [36]     2014-11-23  (2014-11-23-python-targets - removed?)

At least that is the state as of my last sync at 23:00 UTC+1 last
night.

Oh, great.  I changed my settings in make.conf, eselected 3.4, rebuilt
some packages, and depcleaned 3.3.  No bugs are apparent on my machine
so far, so I guess I'll keep it like this until something explodes or
there's another news item.

I did the same. Except I could not depclean 3.3 because it is still
used by something. So now I have 2.7, 3.3 and 3.4

Jarry