On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Helmut Jarausch
<jarau...@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have python2.7 and python3.4 installed here.
> I'd like to emerge any packages which use python only for python3.4 unless
> this package
> can only be installed for python2.7.
>
> Currently, I have the following in /etc/portage/make.conf and with this
> configuration, packages
> which can be installed for python2.7 and python3.4 are install twice (for
> 2.7 and 3.4).
> What am I doing wrong?
>

> PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4"
> USE_PYTHON="2.7 3.4"
> PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"

It doesn't work the way you are thinking. PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7
python3_4" will result in many packages being installed for both
versions. If you want to install some things for only python2.7, and
other things for only python3.4, you will need to make use of
package.use.

PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGETS is used for a small number of packages which may
support multiple python versions, but not simultaneously.