On 11/29/2014 12:19 AM, Mark Pariente wrote:

> mdadm works perfectly fine with systemd. I am running a 4-disk RAID-10
> configuration and it gets assembled properly by systemd. I have the
> "ARRAY ..." definition in /etc/mdadm.conf and the /dev/mdXXX mount point
> in /etc/fstab and AFAICT that's all you need, the default udev/systemd
> configuration brings it all up as expected.
>
> --Mark

I managed to get it going without too much trouble. I followed a guide
on the gentoo wiki but it didn't mention anything about setting up a
network, so I didn't.

When I rebooted that caused a mess but I was still able to log in. Fixed
that and added services that were enabled in openrc (like kdm...) and
everything's good to go.

So far, it's better than openrc in that there's a bug shutting down an
imsm raid that's still not been addressed. It causes the array to do a
rebuild next time it starts up and from my testing systemd doesn't have
this issue.

Dan