On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Thomas Schweikle wrote:

> This is a bit of topic here, but maybe someone has a solution!
>
> I can mount dd produced image files (harddisk images) in FreeBSD or
> Linux using different commands:
>
> FreeBSD:
> # mdconfig -a -t vnode -f ${HOME}/vc.img -u 4
> # mount -t ntfs -o ro /dev/md4 /mnt/win_c
>
> Linux:
> # losetup /dev/loop0 ${HOME}/vc.img
> # mount -t ntfs -o ro /dev/loop0 /mnt/win_c
>
> or if one prefers:
> # mount -t ntfs -o ro,loop ${HOME}/vc.img /mnt/win_c
>
> afterwards I can access this mounted volume as if it where a real
> harddisk. Is there any way doing the same using Windows?

For free? I doubt it. Linux has had to evolve to read disk formats
produced on other OSes - Windoze has never had to. (Hell, Mac's can read
PC disks but Ive never seen a PC read a Mac disk out of the box).

There might be commercial software that does this (I seem to remember
something called MacDrive for reading Mac disks) or you might find a tool
in Cygwin that does what you want.