On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:53:06 +0000 Mick wrote:
> It used to be the case that adobe flash and other applications would not work
> with a no-multilib profile.
>
> However, I was surprised to see that a previous no-multilib installation of
> mine was able to play flash in Firefox.  So, I thought of asking here if
> there
> is any reason to avoid installing a no-multilib profile these days.  What
> applications binary (e.g. Skype) or source compiled won't work with no-
> multilib?

For skype you have to either build qt, X11 and some other libs with
multilib support (abi_x86_32) or use emul-linux-x86-* prebuilt
packages. Either way your system will end up with 32-bit libraries
installed, but in case of multilib they will be optimized for your
hardware and use cases (*FLAGS and USE).

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko