On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 4:42 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 25 Dec 2014 09:20:15 Tom H wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM, German <gentger...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I am booting without secure boot and get the same error
>>
>> I'm sorry. I saw "secure boot" and assumed that you were trying to
>> boot from an unsigned kernel.
>>
>> Your error message above looks like a grub error. Does your grub.cfg
>> load two efi_<something> video modules?
>
> There is no grub on the PC, and the sysrescue LiveCD uses isolinux from what I
> recall. For some reason when booting in EFI mode, sysrescueCD can't find a
> suitable mode for my LCD monitor.

I was answering gentger...@gmail.com and I thought that he/she was
booting from an HD.

I've installed Linux a dozen times on efi laptops (Gentoo once). I've
used live CDs on all of these laptops and I've used grub and
efibootmgr for all the installs - and gummiboot for some - and I've
only hit this error once, on an install, because I was messing around
with grub.cfg and didn't load efi_gop.mod and efi_uga.mod. I don't
know how the other boot loaders/managers handle video but AFAIK none
of them have modules so it must be built-in.