On 14:20 Sat 17 Sep     , Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> Once again I must be doing something wrong. I see the "Add more..." and
> I can navigate it okay, but nothing new ever shows up in the list of search
> engines. I've tried 4 or 5, so it's not the particular one...

I seem to remember that this never worked when I ran firefox as a
non-root user, because they aren't stored under ~/, so I had to do it as
root (which kind of sucks), and then they'd get overwritten everytime
firefox was upgraded, so I'd have to reinstall/uninstall the ones I
wanted didn't want. But since I never really used any of them except
google, I stopped bothering.