Bill Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:

> > Am 19.01.2015 um 09:32 schrieb Bill Kenworthy:

> >> Can someone suggest what is causing a balance on this raid 1

Interesting.
I am about to test (reboot) a btrfs, raid one installation.

> Brilliant, you have hit on the answer! - The ancient 300GB system disk
> was sda at one point and moved to sdb - possibly at the time I changed
> to using UUID's.  Ive just resized all the disks and its now moved past
> 300G for the first time as well as the other two falling in step with
> the data moving.

I was wondering what my /etc/fstab should look like using uuids, raid 1 and
btrfs.

Could you post your /etc/fstab and any other modifications you made to
your installation related to the btrfs, raid 1 uuid setup?

I'm just using (2) identical 2T disks for my new gentoo workstation.

> I moved to UUID's as the machine has a number of sata ports and a PCI-e
> sata adaptor and the sd* drive numbering kept moving around when I added
> the WD red.

Eventually, I want to run CephFS on several of these raid one btrfs
systems for some clustering code experiments. I'm not sure how that
will affect, if at all, the raid 1-btrfs-uuid setup.

TIA,
James