On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 02:07:37PM -0500, Walter Dnes wrote

>   If it reverts to root:root next boot, I'll post to the busybox list.

  It did... and I did.  Before doing that, I did a bit of digging.  Last
night, I ran an update to catch the latest Adobe Flash security update.
Along the way, busybox was upgraded from 1.23.0 to 1.23.0-r1.  busybox
1.23.0 is no longer in the Gentoo tree.  I reverted to 1.22.1, rebooted,
and /dev/snd came up properly as root:audio.  I've posted a message to
the busybox list to let them know of the problem.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>