Adam Carter <adamcart...@gmail.com> writes:

>> where are we supposed to set the parameters for saslauthd?
>>
>> I edited /etc/init.d/saslauthd, and that's probably not the right place
>> to put them?
>>

> There's probably a saslauthd file in /etc/conf.d

Hm, I need to check again to be sure whether there is or isn't.

If there is, then how is it included into the startup script?  And why
isn't there anything in /etc/default for it, where I would expect it?

Or, more general, what are the criteria with Gentoo whether to put such
a file into /etc/default or into /etc/conf.d?

--
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.