On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 5:50 AM, German <gentger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, this was probably my third unsuccesful install on UEFI. This time with
> gummiboot. I've followed this guide:
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gummiboot
>
> and did exactly what was written. What is the vmlinuz it is complaining
> about? Can it be that vmlinuz should read as vmlinuz-3.16-15-gentoo instead?
> Here is my config file, it is the same as in the guide:
>
> title Gentoo Linux
> linux /vmlinuz
> options root=/dev/sda3

path_to_kernel on the "linux path_to_kernel" line has to be relative
to the ESP mount and the kernel name must be correct.

I mount the ESP on "/boot"

# findmnt -n --output TARGET,SOURCE,FSTYPE /boot
/boot  /dev/sda1 vfat

so this is my primary gummiboot entry

# cat /boot/loader/entries/4.0.0.conf
title 4.0.0
options root=UUID=b51ee688-137c-47ec-9635-b69434b4e1f8 ro
init=/lib/systemd/systemd
linux /vmlinuz-4.0.0-rc1
initrd /initramfs-4.0.0-rc1