Hello,

Am Montag, 2. März 2015, 21:01:48 schrieb Mick:
> [...]
> > =========================================================================
> > == ==== Details des Verbindungsprofils (XX)
> > =========================================================================
> > == ==== connection.id:                          XX
> > connection.uuid:
> >
> > 11111111111111-2222-33333333333333333 connection.interface-name:
> >    --
> >
> > connection.type:                        vpn
> > connection.autoconnect:                 no
> > connection.timestamp:                   1425319416
> > connection.read-only:                   no
> > connection.permissions:
> > connection.zone:
> > connection.master:                      --
> > connection.slave-type:                  --
> > connection.secondaries:
> > connection.gateway-ping-timeout:        0
> > -- ---- ipv4.method:                            auto
> > ipv4.dns:
> > ipv4.dns-search:
> > ipv4.addresses:
> > ipv4.routes:
> > ipv4.ignore-auto-routes:                yes
> > ipv4.ignore-auto-dns:                   no
> > ipv4.dhcp-client-id:                    --
> > ipv4.dhcp-send-hostname:                yes
> > ipv4.dhcp-hostname:                     --
> > ipv4.never-default:                     yes
> > ipv4.may-fail:                          no
> > -- ---- ipv6.method:                            ignore
> > ipv6.dns:
> > ipv6.dns-search:
> > ipv6.addresses:
> > ipv6.routes:
> > ipv6.ignore-auto-routes:                no
> > ipv6.ignore-auto-dns:                   no
> > ipv6.never-default:                     no
> > ipv6.may-fail:                          yes
> > ipv6.ip6-privacy:                       0 (deaktiviert)
> > ipv6.dhcp-hostname:                     --
> > -- ---- vpn.service-type:
> >
> > org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.vpnc vpn.user-name:
> >  --
> >
> > vpn.data:                               Local Port = 0, IKE DH Group =
> > dh2, Perfect Forward Secrecy = server, Xauth password-flags = 1, IPSec
> > ID = u...@host.loc, IPSec gateway = open.nsupdate.info, Xauth username =
> > u...@host.loc, Cisco UDP Encapsulation Port = 0, Vendor = cisco, IPSec
> > secret- flags = 1, NAT Traversal Mode = natt
> > vpn.secrets:
> >
> > ------------------------ cut -----------------------------
> >
> > Any hints ?
> >
> > regards
> >
> >   Petric
>
> Going from memory here, but I recall that the VPNC client had problems
> rekeying SAs in Phase 2.  I seem to recall there was bug but can't recall
> if it was ever patched.
>
> Yep - see here, a regression problem with version net-misc/vpnc-0.5.3:
>
> http://lists.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/pipermail/vpnc-devel/2009-July/003127.html
>
> I see that portage has 0.5.3_p527-r1 as stable, but I don't know if this
> includes any necessary patches.  You could check the changelog.

The homepage on vpnc in chapter TODO tells:
  "phase2-rekeying is now supported as of svn revision 126!"

Changelog states for 0.5.2:
  "Fix Phase 2 rekeying, by various authors"

I don't know whether this is along your statement above.

So it seems not to be completely fixed. The homepage is not updated the last 7
years.

> BTW, have you tried more actively developed VPN software like strongswan
> (it has a networkmanager plugin) or even ipsec-tools instead of vpnc, to
> see if you're getting the same problem?  I think that they should work
> with Cisco VPN gateways, although it may be fiddly to set them up.

i can find only ebuilds of (networkmanager-)openswan in the official tree.
strongswan is in the stable tree but not the networkmanager plugin.
I tried the one from the zugaina overlay (v. 1.3.0) but it seems to miss the
dependency to libgnomeui. I do not have gnome installed (and don't intend to
do so). My desktop is a kde one.

Anyone has a ebuild/package not requiring gnome ?

regards
  Petric