Hello,

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 10:21:19 +0100 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to install all packages which need Python, only for Python3 except
> those which cannot be installed for Python3.
> How can I find out which of the packages installed on my machine have
> PYTHON_TARGETS=python2_7" (only).
> I could loop over `qlist -IC` do an emerge -vp each grepping for this string.
> But is there an easier way.

You are almost there, just learn the power of mighty eix:

EIX_LIMIT=0 eix -I --only-names -\( -U python_targets_python2_ -! -U
python_targets_python3_ -\)

This will return you all installed packages having "python2_*" in
their python targets, but not having "python3_*".

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko