For those interested in testing the newest versions of ceph(fs).
it has received some updates. Last Night I installed it with 4 new
flags a repo: [1] "xmw" /var/lib/layman/xmw.

There is talk of version 0.93 (dev version) making it's way into an
ebuild very soon. From the chatter of various locations, ceph is
reasonable stable and starting to attract crowds of interest,
for those folks interested in a Distributed File System.

For me, the DFS has been the most challenging area of putting together
a gentoo cluster, that support multiple frameworks simultaneously
both fine grain and coarse grains types of problems.

layman -s xmw
sys-cluster/ceph/ceph-0.87.1.ebuild  (a major release)
sys-cluster/ceph/ceph-0.93.ebuild

http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Ceph

enjoy!
James