On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 6:08 AM, German <gentger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 01:16:32 +0100 <waben...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> <waben...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So it seems that after login you first have to chmod 770 the tty
>>> before you do a su - user (user have to be in group tty of course).
>>
>> Forget about "chmod 770". Better do a "chmod g+rw". :-)
>
> Tried it, it also doesn't stay permanently. OK, no solution :(

Because "/dev" is recreated at every boot.

You have to override the tty rule(s) in
"/lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules" with a rule/rules in
"/etc/udev/rules.d/".

Since the 50-udev-default.rules is an upstream rule that's shipped by
all the distros that I use, perhaps you should track down why this is
happening rather than overriding it.

Canek had asked whether you were using systemd and therefore logind.
Since you're using openrc, perhaps you should check whether installing
consolekit is a fix because it's the precursor to logind.