Hi all,

Yesterday, I posted asking for a Gentoo equivalent of something I was
able to do in Fedora,  I got some answers which were of assistance, one
being to check my logwatch.conf file to see what the frequency was set
at.  This helped because it was set weekly and since I had just
installed logwatch the day before, I would have had to wait a week to
see if it was working, so I changed the frequency to daily.

As it turns out, logwatch is working.  However, what I want to be able
to do is to fire up Pine and be able to view the emails sent by logwatch
to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' and this isn't working - I have a dead.letter file
in my /root directory.

I cat'ed the dead letter file and at the end, the following appears:

send-mail: RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (504 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Sender address rejected: need fully-qualified address)
Can't send mail: sendmail process failed with error code 1

My computer is stand alone except that it has a router which is
connected to my cable modem because my son connects wirelessly to the
internet through that.  However, his laptop and my PC have no network
attachment.

My resolve.conf file has proper ip information.  In my hosts file,
localhost is set to 127.0.0.1  My /etc/conf.d/domainname does not have a
FQDN set because when I installed Gentoo, I was under the impression
that I didn't need one because the computer is not networked and I
obtain my ip address using dhcp

Sorry, I know I'm a bit verbose here, but I have no idea where I'm going
wrong, so I figure that the more details that I can provide might better
enable someone to guide me in the right direction.

Any help would be appreciated.  Oh, and as far as I can tell, my
/etc/mail/aliases file looks okay.

Regards,

Colleen