On Sunday 29 March 2015 20:12:45 Alan McKinnon wrote:

> ... I think Michael posted the correct cause up-thread:
>
> "If you're on stable, you'll need to keyword qt-4.8.6 in its entirety.
> You can't mix and match versions, and 4.8.6 is the only one that
> supports multilib."

Something needs clarifying here. Exactly who will need to keyword qt-4.8.6?

> So you probably want to add all current Qt4 packages to the list.
>
> We should probably start asking all posters with similar problems what
> is the output of
>
> grep -ir qt /etc/portage
>
> and help them remove all cruft that's getting in the way of a clean
> upgrade

Just to get you started, here's my list from a system that upgraded
smoothly:

$ grep qt /etc/portage/package.use
app-text/poppler                cairo qt4
dev-qt/qtcore                   qt3support
dev-qt/qtdeclarative            qt3support webkit
dev-qt/qtgui                    qt3support
dev-qt/qtopengl                 qt3support
dev-qt/qtsql                    mysql qt3support
dev-qt/qtwebkit                 icu

(Package.use is the only place where qt occurs.)

--
Rgds
Peter.