On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:49:07 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:

> I use this link for browsing ebuilds online[1]. It is escecially useful
> when non_gentoo folks are discussion how to compile from sources;
> particularly complex/compound compilations and or difficult codes
> (except java). I find myself always referring to online ebuilds when
> in discussions with folks  who are not "blessed" with a gentoo system
> to view ebuilds. I often use ebuids as a roadmap for folks that
> are trying to compile things from soureces. Subliminally, there is the
> backdrop that folks should use gentoo for source_code development
> and testing.

> [1] https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/
>
> What I cannot seem to find is this sort of organization, filtered
> by architecture. It's be really keen to see one just for arm and
> arm64.

That's the main portage tree, the name is a misnomer. Although called
gentoo-x86, it is really just portage, which does not have specific
ebuilds for different architectures. Architecture suitability is governed
by the KEYWORDS variable inside the ebuild.

--
Neil Bothwick

Women live longer than men because they have so many clothes that they
wouldn't be caught dead in.