On 2015-03-30, Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.develo...@outlook.com> wrote:
> On Monday, March 30, 2015 9:09:14 PM Alan McKinnon wrote:
>
>> Maybe it's time we asked the multilib devs how they intended to deal
>> with these questions you raise.
>
> I don't have a problem with the way it is, but I think something like
> the following would be nice: instead of just supporting use_flag and
> -use_flag you could add something like @use_flag (auto-use flag) that
> automatically builds the feature only if needed to satisfy a
> dependency. That way you're not changing anything with existing
> configuration and still got full control over it.

That could be pretty handy in cases like this.

I was also wondering if there might a way for emerge to show you which
packages have USE flags enabled that aren't required by any dependent
package: it would be sort of like "emerge --depclean" but for USE
flags instead of packages themselves.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! The PILLSBURY DOUGHBOY
                                  at               is CRYING for an END to