On 04/01/2015 02:21 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 18:53:39 -0700, Daniel Frey wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I've finally gotten around to putting together a short
>> cheatsheet @ https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenRC_to_Systemd_Cheatsheet .
>
> Nice! Apart from the zap thing that Canek has already covered, I think it
> could be useful. Could you add a link to it to the main systemd page.
>
> It doesn't help me with the problem I still have running a mixture of
> openrc and systemd setups, the different order of the arguments. I still
> keep trying to run
>
> systemctl someservice start :(

I feel your pain. I maintain Windows boxes at works, every time I drop
to a shell it goes like:

> ls
Command not found

Me: ??

> ifconfig
Command not found

Me: ????? Oh, right.

:-)

For systemd, I kept tripping up on the difference between list-units and
list-unit-files. I'd use list-units and go "WHY isn't systemd &#%($#
telling me what's installed???"

Dan