Boricua Siempre <borikua.197...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have reading of quantum computing and I want know what operating
> systems are use in quantum computers. And I read quantum computers

I don't think that (yet) there exists computers that are completely
based on quantum components. Maybe they have a quantum based arithmetic
unit but the other components are certainly conventional. I don't know
what kind of OS is used on such machines. But I wouldn't be surprised
if it is some kind of BSD or Linux (maybe Gentum-OS). ;-)

> can use particols moving faster than light but on other book
> particels faster than light make analog sonar boom that can destroy
> universe. Is quantum computer dangerus? Sorry if my english not good,
> still learning.

I'm really not an expert on quantum physics but I don't think that a
quantum computer could be dangerous. :-)

In fact, "a quantum is the minimum amount of any physical entity
involved in an interaction" (wikipedia).

I could imagine that a single high energy gamma quantum (that can have
a energy of some MeV) could maybe destroy a flash memory cell or a DNA
molecule. But such high energetic photons are not used in quantum
computers. Quantum does there only means that they are using very small
entities which can be described by the theories of quantum mechanic,
like electron spins or quantum entangled photons.

And of course there doesn't exist particles that are moving faster than
light (at least no such particle is ever be detected and AFAIK there
are absolutely no indications that such particles exits). You probably
mean "quantum teleportation". But this has nothing to to with the
movement of particles. It is a phenomenon that results from the quantum
entanglement of e.g. two electrons and has to do with the nonlocality
of such phenomenons. When you measure the quantum attributes of one of
these two electrons you instantaneous influence the quantum attributes
of the other one, regardless of its distance. But if you wanna know the
quantum attributes of the second electron you need the information
about the measurement of the first one. And because you cannot transmit
this information faster than light you also cannot use "quantum
teleportation" to really transmit information faster than light.

My English as well as my knowledge about quantum physics is not
sufficient to explain it better. But you can find many information about
the strange and also fascination aspects of quantum mechanics in the
internet. Just look at wikipedia.

--
Regards
wabe