On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 08:26:12 +0200 bitlord <bitlord0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 11:57:26 +0300
> Gevisz <gev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 03:52:40 -0400 "Walter Dnes"
> > <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:
> >
> > > On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 08:19:45PM +0300, Gevisz wrote

> > >   The 2 servers probably have different certificates, which is why
> > > you get this behaviour.  I suggest going into "apk mode" and
> > > putting an entry into your hosts file <G>, like...
> > >
> > > 173.194.192.108     pop.gmail.com
> > >
> > >   This will force your system to always use the same server, and
> > > avoid the re-validation every time you hit the other server from
> > > the one you used the previous time.
> >
> > Thank you for your advice. Added that line to my /etc/hosts file.
> > After that Claws asked to verify the google certificate once again,
> > but I hope that that was the last time this month and that that
> > madness with google certificates finally ends. (Because in the last 2
> > days this situation repeated at least 20 or more times.)
> >

> By looking at the screenshoots that is >=claws-mail-3.10.x (I think
> that is the version when it got support for validating certificate
> chains)? There is a option in Configuration > Edit Accounts ... then
> for every account you have "SSL" options, you can check to accept
> "unknown valid certificates" so it will do it automatically, won't ask
> if there is a new certificate and it is valid.

Thank you for your advice but I do not want to accept certificates
unverified and automatically and do not mind verifying a new goggle
certificate once a month or so. However, I do not want to see a madness
when my e-mail client asks me to verify the certificates that I have
already verified over and over again (as described above).

Sticking to only one gmail server, as advised by Walter,
so far solved the problem.

I write "so far" because there is a (very small) probability that
the madness ended by itself (because usually it took place not always
but at some periods when one gmail server already switched to a new
certificate and another one still uses the old certificate, I guess).

So, I have to wait one or two months (until they start to switch to
even more new certificate) to see how my e-mail client will react.