On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 7:23 AM, Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:

> What a revelation about at least a minority of Gentoo users !
> -- philosophers of science + math, besides well-trained physicists.

I think at least half of us on the Council have degrees in the
physical sciences.

I work mostly with scientists and I have to say that in the last 10
years the embrace of FOSS by scientists has been considerable.  Who
wants to beg the boss for money and with IT for support of SAS when
you can just download R and install it yourself, and so on?  Of
course, it tends to also lead to a bit of a mess when that little tool
that was thrown together ends up being depended upon by an entire
department and isn't up to it.

--
Rich