On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 13:04:40 +0200 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 12/04/2015 12:48, Gevisz wrote:
> > Quite for a long time, while booting my Gentoo system,
> > I get the following message message:
> >
> > "runscript is deprecated; please use openrc-run instead"
> >
> > What shall I do to fix this issue accept for reinstallig
> > my Gentoo system anew?
> >

> Do nothing.

Thank you for your answer but why that message appear at all, then?

> runscript is the shebang for init scripts for various services,
> runscript and openrc-run are both provided by openrc.

Sorry, but I do not understand the word "shebang" in this context.

> Any change to be made is done by the ebuild.

Well, it is a good news for me. :)

> p.s. when asking for help please provide relevant information, such as
> do you run a satble or unstable system,

I mostly run stable system and have only two unstable packages, namely,
vimb and google-chrome. Hopefully, they do not influence booting in any way. :)

> what versions of related software are installed

sys-apps/openrc-0.13.11

> and most important - what effect if any does the problem have?

So far, no noticeable effects accept for the warning message above.

> I can't tell if your system boots normally or if it blows
> up and eats your kittens.

Shall I wait for that to happen before starting to worry? :)