On Friday 17 Apr 2015 23:33:40 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> Am Freitag, 17. April 2015, 06:18:47 schrieb Alan Grimes:

> > #8,#16; INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR!!!!!! (recently RMA'd some RAM, new ram
> > had a 1-bit intermittent failure in 32GB, jacked voltage and hoped was
> > good...)
>
> Well, seems it isn't. These are the two memory-intensive packages in the
> list.

As Alan says, if you are using bad RAM you're playing a rather deterministic
game.  When, not if, the hole in your memory is met by a running process the
output will go sideways.

If you don't want to return the memory back and get a new module, then you
could try the badmem or badram patches.  I would recommend you get new memory,
but either of these patches may bring a quicker result and at least confirm
that the faulty memory caused the emerge failures.

--
Regards,
Mick