On 9/21/05, Patrick Marquetecken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Whats the best to integrate linux users passwords with our existing
Windows active domain, so that we can login with windows users and
passwords into our Llinux machines.
Winbind or Ldap ?

To integrate with an ActiveDirectory you need winbind. I helped a company do this about a year back. They where running .NET Server Enterprise with whatever the latest version of AD was at the time. The one thing that I remember was that it was a particularly painful process. Check the docs at samba.org though, they do a decent job of walking you through it.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"