Billy Holmes schreef:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> it reboots? I don't expect that this should happen often, but I'd
>> like to know when it does.
>

> setup ssmtp, install mail-client/mailx, then add this to
> /etc/conf.d/local.start:
>
> date|mail -s 'I just rebooted!' [EMAIL PROTECTED]

And you know, it just occurred to me-- isn't there a kernel option or an
option somewhere that I can't remember right now, to enable or disable
auto-rebooting on severe errors/kernel panics, something like that?

I just realized that I always turn this option (wherever it may be) off
(I think it's the kernel, which would explain why I don't remember
precisely where it is, since I configure all kernels to be the same as
the last, so I set it once and forgot it), and maybe you should too--
that way you might have a better chance of knowing what precisely is
causing these spontaneous reboots in the first place, so you could stop
them.

Does anybody else know what I'm talking about? ;-) ?

Holly