On Sun, 17 May 2015 12:48:58 +0100, Nuno Magalhães wrote:

> I want to use mdadm to create a RAID1 with 2 SATA disks. From what i
> gather, i'll need (bootable)  0xFD partitions, i'll use full disk for
> them and no separate /boot (unless required). Is GPT required or can i
> stick to MBR? Is fdisk safe? Seems usable to me.

If you are not using a UEFI motherboard, you can stick to MBR. Whether
you should is another question. GPT is more flexible and robust than MBR,
having learned from all the shortcomings of the last 30 years of putting
up with a system designed for 10MB hard disk.

--
Neil Bothwick

When told the reason for Daylight Saving time the old Indian said...
"Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a
blanket And sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket."