Emanuele Rusconi <ema...@gmail.com> [15-05-19 03:01]:
> On 18 May 2015 at 19:54, <meino.cra...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > From time to time I come across software, which directly wants
> > to talks to good ole' alsa and get kicked by Sensei Jack D. for accessing
> > a device, which already is occupied by him...
> >
> > Is there any way to go or any software to install which enables me to use
> > Jack D.'ed software and alsa-acessing without shutting down and
> > restarting that grandmaster Jack D. ?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for any Koan, which will light up my darkened ears!
> > Best regards,
> > Meino
> >

> And so the wise ~/.asoundrc thus spake:
>

> ## http://jackaudio.org/faq/routing_alsa.html
> ## http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc
> pcm.jackplug {
>         type plug
>         slave { pcm "rawjack" }
>         hint { description "JACK Audio Connection Kit" }
> }
> pcm.rawjack {
>         type jack
>         playback_ports {
>                 0 system:playback_1
>                 1 system:playback_2
>         }
>         capture_ports {
>                 0 system:capture_1
>                 1 system:capture_2
>         }
> }
>

> -- Emanuele Rusconi

Wise the words may sound and nice to hear.
But the shell spake

#>qsstv
using visual class 4, id 2b
hijackWindow() context created for QSplashScreen(0x7ffecb5760c0) 1
Created Window Surface FBO QSize(736, 330) with samples 8
Card  0 name:  HDA ATI SB
Card  1 name:  HDA NVidia
Card  2 name:  HDA NVidia
ALSA lib
/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/alsa-lib-1.0.28/work/alsa-lib-1.0.28/src/pcm/pcm_dmix.c:1022:(snd_pcm_dmix_open)
 unable to open slave
"Unable to open default: Device or resource busy"
hijackWindow() context created for mainWindow(0x1820730, name = "MainWindow") 1
Created Window Surface FBO QSize(897, 530) with samples 8

The master control program (qsstv) raises its shield against Tron, displaying
"Sound card error: Device or resource busy."

And silence was the only voice heard by the folks...
And nothing was displayed anymore.