On Thu, 21 May 2015 09:57:57 -0500, Dale wrote:

> > No, you should do "make clean" first, and then do "make" etc.
>
> Doesn't "make clean" clear out your config?  I've changed one thing
> before and just run "make" and it work just fine.

No.

% make help
Cleaning targets:
  clean           - Remove most generated files but keep the config and
                    enough build support to build external modules
  mrproper        - Remove all generated files + config + various backup files
  distclean       - mrproper + remove editor backup and patch files

--
Neil Bothwick

Joystick: (n.) a device essential for performing business tasks and
training exercises esp. favored by pilots, tank commanders, riverboat
          gamblers, and medieval warlords.