On Sat, 6 Jun 2015 13:11:04 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:

> > I've bunch of php files in many directories
> > and I need to find a text string in them "Check/Money Order"
>
> 'cd' to the lowest dir which contains them all,
> then 'grep -r "Check/Money Order" *.php'.

That will only search *.php files in the current directory, you need

grep -r --include='*.php' 'Check/Money Order' .

or drop the --include option to search all files. Use single quotes to
stop the shell from trying to interpret anything.

--
Neil Bothwick

Why do they call it a TV set when you only get one?