Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi <at> st.com> writes:

> > Also, while we are at it, my seamonkey marks words as mispelled,
> > but there is not a "spellchecker" function to fix the mistakes,
> > so what am I missing in seamonkey

> To get spell checking working for my native language I had to install
> the dictionary from seamonkey (Edit-Preferences-Appearence-Spelling,
> then from the Language field choose 'Download more dictionaries...'). I
> also have an English US/UK dictionary which I don't remember installing
> so I suppose it's part of the default SM (non-bin) package. In composer
> I switch between languages with CTRL-SHIFT-P. I also run LXDE.

Yes Yes, I have all of this but nothing "pops up" like all other apps
to facilite word replacement. The mistakes are marked in red, but no
too_function to replace. I have to manually find the correct spelling
and type it in.  Did I miss a flag or config file?

> I have the default Gentoo spell checkers installed for OpenOffice, I
> don't know if that matters for SM (hunspell, myspell-en, myspell-it).
Every other app works just fine with spell checking, including firefox,
but seamonkey only marks the errors; no visable selection-replacement mechanism.

> raffaele
> # eix -I seamonkey
<snip>

All of your settings (flags) and packages install are the same, except
Italian.

I have
aspell-ed, myspell-en, aspell hunspell and gtkspell too.

It's just the replacement function in seamonkey. Are you sure I do
not have to install some "add_on" to get that working? I've looke and
looked and do not know what I'm missing...........

James