Martin Vaeth <martin <at> mvath.de> writes:

> > This is why I was looking for a 'tool' or script that would allow me
> > to easily browse the default package listings for the different
> > arch types with a default profile.

> If you only want to see the  <at> system set of $PROFILE, use

> PORTAGE_PROFILE=/usr/portage/profiles/$PROFILE4 eix -c --system

Ah, you tricked me. You should have written:

'PORTAGE_PROFILE=/usr/portage/profiles/$PROFILE4 eix -c --system'

This returns:     "No matches found." I have this installed:
app-portage/eix=0.30.4 so upgrading to 0.30.10 and testing now.

  I finally found your little file 'defaults.cc' on the net. Neat
little file that "defaults.cc" as I've got to now dig into the
eix sources........

I have this installed:
app-portage/eix=0.30.4 so upgrading to 0.30.10 and testing now.

Still the same result:

# PORTAGE_PROFILE=/usr/portage/profiles/$PROFILE4 eix -c --system
No matches found.

What did I miss?  github?  If I unpack the eix sources, where is defaults.cc ?

<snip>
// vim:set noet cinoptions= sw=4 ts=4:
// This file is part of the eix project and distributed under the
// terms of the GNU General Public License v2.
//
// Copyright (c)
//   Wolfgang Frisch <xoror...@users.sourceforge.net>
//   Emil Beinroth <emilbeinr...@gmx.net>