David Mattli <d...@mattli.us> [15-06-19 16:59]:
> meino.cra...@gmx.de writes:
>
> > David Mattli <d...@mattli.us> [15-06-19 00:27]:

> >> It looks like cl-ppcre depends on virtual/commonlisp which is provided
> >> by one of these:
> >>
> >> RDEPEND="|| ( dev-lisp/sbcl
> >>               dev-lisp/clisp
> >>               dev-lisp/clozurecl
> >>               dev-lisp/cmucl
> >>               dev-lisp/ecls
> >>               dev-lisp/openmcl )"
> >>
> >> No GCL on that list so its trying to pull in sbcl to provide it. I
> >> recommend using quicklisp instead. Check it out here:
> >> https://www.quicklisp.org/beta/
> >>
> >> -David Mattli
> >>

> > Hi David,
> >
> > thanks for your help! :)
> >
> > Unfortunately gcl does not load quicklisp.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Meino
>
> GCL doesn't seem well supported these days.
>
> SBCL should work without a floating-point unit. For example the sbcl
> download page lists both "armel" and "armhf" ports, specifying
> soft-float and hard-float respectively.
>
> Try grabbing the "armel" binaries from this page:
> http://sbcl.org/platform-table.html
>
> I'll look into arm support for the gentoo sbcl package.
>
> -David

Hi David,

thank you for your reply !:)

I downloaded the armel-version:

    Arietta G25 A:SystemSoftware/sbcl-1.2.7-armel-linux>./run-sbcl.sh
    (running SBCL from: .)
    This is SBCL 1.2.7, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
    More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

    SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
    It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
    BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
    distribution for more information.
    [1]    1536 illegal hardware instruction  ./run-sbcl.sh

...no vfp,,,

<sigh>

It would be THAT nice to get sbcl running, since it is very activilky
supported and maintained and it is what I run on my Beaglebone Black
(another somehow "bigger" embedded system) and my PC.

Any Way out of this ?

Best regards,
Meino