On 22/06/15 20:41, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
fritzbox

There are all other modems/router and then there are fritzbox versions.
With very good security. Updates. And lots of nice&useful features.

<mailto:pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk>>:

    On Monday 22 Jun 2015 02:49:24 I wrote:

    > PPPoA is not used here in the UK as far as I know.

    I think I may have this backwards.

    --
    Rgds
    Peter

Bought last year a $300.-- FritzBox 7490. Returned the first one because it did not sync with my ISP. Returned the replacement because GRC Shieldsup (https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2) test showed 100's of open ports. FritzBox Australia claimed this is "normal" and is not a security risk. The supplier refunded the purchase price, Using now a $78.-- TP-Link TD-VG3631 with Voip. Not as fancy. Just works and has no open ports that can't be closed.

Hans