On Sunday 28 Jun 2015 16:05:41 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 13:28:27 +0100, Mick wrote:
> > I am using apache, nginx, thttpd, boa.
> >
> > I have also used lighttpd in the past.
>
> Why did you stop using lighttpd?

I avoided offering much explanation in my previous response because, well ...
I would feel uncomfortable doing so without a pint in my hand.  :-))

All these are good servers for particular use cases.  My use case for the
lighttpd was an embedded system with a 266Mhz SoC and 32MB of RAM.  I tried
thttpd, lighttpd, apache and nginx on it.

- lighttpd was heavier on memory usage, although not as bad as apache.

- nginx was light, fast and full of features.

- thttpd was very basic but got the job done with relatively low burden on
resources.  Slower than ligthttpd.

- apache just about worked, but brought the little thing to its knees.

Don't ask me for benchmarks please, because this was done some years ago.  I
went with nginx because it was faster and kept the CPU% and MEM% lowest among
competitors. The task in hand was to serve some simple web pages with MRTG
graphs on them.

--
Regards,
Mick