On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:05:57PM -0400, cov...@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Have you tried KeePass? It doe what you are doing but with a decent
> > interface and the ability to type the details into web pages for you.
>
> But does it store the data on someone's server?  Where they could have a
> data breech?

As discussed in a related subthread (at least, it's inferred, though not
explicitly stated) KeePass uses file-based storage on the local machine
it's running on - passwords are stored in a *.kdb file - so you're not
sharing your passwords, encrypted or otherwise, with any third party.

This can be extended using some filesharing service - either commercial
or personally run - to allow syncing of passwords between devices (or
more accurately, syncing of KeePass databases between devices).

KeePass is Qt based and has a client at least for Linux and Windows, as
well as an Android app (DroidPass). I personally sync my .kdb using an
ownCloud instance, whereas Neil uses SyncThing, a peer-to-peer sync
service.

Utilities available in Gentoo are:

  app-admin/keepassx
  dev-python/keepassx
  dev-perl/File-KeePass

One I'm not certain of but, judging from the name may also be related,
is:

  app-admin/keepass
--
wraeth <wra...@wraeth.id.au>