On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 02:51:35PM +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> So to be positive about it heres how i found the answer:
>
> 1. looked to see if there were mbox or maildir USE flags that affected
> the build of pine - answer NO
> 2. google "pine maildir" and discover that there are patches in
> circulation - answer YES
> 3. grep the pine ebuild for the lines with epatch and see that none seem
> to have any obvious connection with the term "maildir" - answer NO
> 4. grep the ebuild for the term "maildir' and find what i posted.

This is a pretty good algorithm. Personally I prefer to do 2 before 1
(because more often than not I don't run into USE flags of which I
know their existence). I'll try to follow that in the future.

Pintsize: Hello Marten! I wasn't expecting you home this soon. We're playing
    Trolls & Flame-Wars! It's an Internet message-board based role playing game.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 42 days, 11:41