On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 14:23:18 -0400
Mike Gilbert <flop...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 11:16 AM, walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 08:03:11 -0700
> > walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Oops, journalctl tells me that systemd-networkd is segfaulting
> > repeatedly during boot.  I'm reverting back to systemd-222-r1 until
> > this gets sorted out.
>
> Fixed in systemd-224-r1. Next time file a bug; I don't always read
> this list.

Thanks Mike.  The fix is amazingly simple but looking at the patch
makes me realize how little I understand the c language after years
of reading c code but not writing any :/

const char *hostname = NULL;  (upstream apparently forgot the = NULL)

That line declares *hostname as a constant and then the statement below
proceeds to assign a value to the 'constant'.  I wonder how many hours
of frustration have been suffered by student programmers while trying to
understand the logic behind that.

<coughing from the dust on my 40-year-old Kernighan and Ritchie> I see
that they didn't include the 'const' keyword at all.  That was a later
change introduced by some ANSI committee, bless them.

<sigh> I truly don't understand how any working code get written.

Anyway, thanks again for the fix :)