On Wed, 2015-08-05 at 01:00 -0400, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 04, 2015 8:18:43 PM Cor Legemaat wrote:

> > > 192.168.1.0/24

> > > I'm not actually using that rule except as a minimal setup for
> > > troubleshooting
> > > this issue. My actual rules do specify the subnet.

> > > Yes, it is an existing router that works perfectly except for the
> > > hostapd AP.
> > > My current setup is as follows:
> > >
> > > Internet -> Gentoo Router -> Switch -> AP
> > >
> > > Where AP is a wifi router with routing features disabled. Never
> > > had
> > > problems
> > > with it. Now I installed hostapd on "Gentoo Router" and
> > > everything
> > > else still
> > > works fine except when I connect to the hostapd AP. Even with
> > > only
> > > that minimal
> > > iptable rule or no rules at all.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > Probably /dev/random depleated, try enable your hardware rng or
> > sys-
> > apps/haveged test with `cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail`
> >
> > Regards:
> > Cor
>
> Thanks. II did get an error about depleted entropy at some point
> when starting
> hostapd but I went ahead and installed haveged and it still doesn't
> work. It
> doesn't even work when configured as an open AP. I checked the
> kernel config and
> I had VLAN support disabled. I've rebuilt it but can't reboot right
> now. Maybe
> it's required even though I'm not using VLANs?

Is there an IP configured on the interface or the bridge of that
interface? Can you ping your gateway? If I'm correct dhcp uses
broadcast but you need a valid gateway IP switchable on mac layer.

Does it stay connected? I have a problem with a link between hostapd
and a mikrotik device on 802.11a where I needed to patch hostapd to
get it to stay connected. But that should show in hostapd debug logs.
Mine is still running on hostapd-2.3 because if I update and screw it
my internet is broken, if that's your problem I will search for my
notes and mail it.

Regards:
Cor