On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 11:32:01 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> Has anyone any advice on whether it's a good idea to add a keyword to
> gcc-4.9.2 so that I can make progress here? This is a stable box and
> I'd like to know whether this one, rather central ~amd64 package would
> cause trouble.

I've been using ~amd64 GCC on my MythTV boxes, which run mainly stable,
for a long time. I would keep 4.8 installed too, just in case the odd
package still doesn't like 4.9. Ironically, on my MythTV boxes, the only
package that fails with 4.9 is MythTV :-O

--
Neil Bothwick

"I heard Tasha Yar is the Enterprise's expert on Data entry."