On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 11:12 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi all. Sorry in advance for the rash of emails today but the topics
> seem to be varying and hopefully folks will read only the ones they
> think they could help with.
>
> QUESTIONS:
>
> 1) What causes a 'collision' on a network interface?
> 2) How can I eliminate them? (Including hardware changes if required.)

See the following thread from May of last year
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/80369

The bottom line is that your network interface is probably running in
Half-Duplex mode and should be switched to Full-Duplex mode.

If you have more questions after reading it, let me know.

Regards,
Paul