Ralf <ralf+gen...@ramses-pyramidenbau.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> i just got my brand new Lenovo X1 Carbon and trying to get Gentoo
> running on it.
>
> Beside some really big issues (HiDPI display, 2048x1152 resolution on
> a 14" display really sucks on linux, xrandr scaling is horrible, no
> scaling is damn too small to read, missing touch support in most

I also have some HiDPI display (140 DPI) but text and icon rendering is
perfect with XFCE. It's even much better than with my windows 7 machine.
Your display has a higher resolution (168 DPI) but I don't think that
this makes a big difference. Maybe there is a way to tweak your Desktop
settings for a better rendering/scaling?

--
Regards
wabe